Logging your sleep with Fitbit is now easier and better than ever thanks to three new features! In addition to monitoring your sleep, viewing awake and restless times, and setting silent alarms, it’s now possible to compare your sleep stats week by week, see your sleep history, and set sleep goals.
Have you ever had a bad night’s sleep catch up with you later? Now you can view how you slept on a week-by-week level to gain even more insights into your nights.
Historic Sleep Data
You can now view your sleep logs all in one place. Discover how last night’s sleep compares to your weekly average, and how those averages change over time.
No matter how much time you want to log in bed, you can now set goals to tell if you’re getting the amount of rest you want. And you can adjust those goals as you learn how much sleep you really need to feel well-rested.
These three new sleep tools can be found in your Fitbit dashboard, making it easy for you to track your Zzzzs, identify patterns, and develop habits to help you sleep better.
Ready to get started? Here’s how to set a sleep goal today:
On your mobile device:
1. Open the Fitbit app, scroll down, and tap on “How did you sleep?” in your Dashboard.
2. Tap “Learn more” under the “Introducing Sleep Goals!” section, in the center of the screen.
3. Tap “Adjust Your Goal.” The default is set to 8 hours.
4. Set your “Time Asleep” goal to your preferred number of hours. (It is recommended that adults aim for 7 to 9 hours of sleep per night.)
5. Tap “Done”—and you’re ready to go!
Hit the hay, count some sheep, and be on your way to a better night’s sleep. These features are now available for iOS, Android, and Windows Phone.