Heart rate monitors have been growing in popularity lately because they are being recognized as valuable tools that can really help maximize your workouts. This is due to their ability to let us know valuable workout statistics like many calories were burned, how much fat was burned, etc. This information enables us to customize our own exercise regimen so that we are more likely to keep going to reach our fitness goals. To help you find the perfect tool for you, we have put together this Polar FT7 Heart Rate Monitor Review to help you decide if it is the right one for you.
What is A Heart Rate Monitor?
A heart rate monitor is a device that is worn during workouts that measures your heart rate. It is an excellent tool for athletes to help them find their exercise sweet spot; that point where the body is being pushed hard, but not enough to cause injury or fatigue.
These tools are also good for beginners to help them find the right intensity of their workouts. It also helps to provide an objective view of how hard you are really working at the gym.
Heart rate monitors are relatively easy to use; especially if you know your target heart rate. Once you know this number, all you have to do is check the monitor to see if you should pick up your pace or slow down. In addition, it is also excellent for making sure that you don’t go overboard on easy days.
One of the best heart rate monitors on the market is the Polar FT7, a great way to have fun and fitness monitored in the correct manner.
Polar FT7 Heart Rate Monitor Review
The Polar FT7 is an innovative and stylishly designed heart rate fitness watch that goes beyond the pale of just being a regular heart rate monitor; it is a training computer as well. In addition, it is water resistant and can be used when doing laps at the swimming pool. However, it is important to note, that this watch should not be used when you are diving.
The Polar FT7 comes in a variety of awesome color choices that you can pick from to suit your lifestyle or mood. Color choices include:
- Red and Orange
- Black / Silver
- Blue and Lilac
With all of these color choices, you can’t go wrong; there’s something to match any outfit. But the Polar FT7 is more than just a snazzy color scheme, its features are quite functional and will help your with your fitness training.
Polar FT7 Heart Rate Monitor
For those who want to know if they're improving fitness or burning fatMade by: Polar, Available: In stock
The Polar FT7 has so many features that it can seem overwhelming. Therefore, to make things easier, we have narrowed down the most important points to give you a general overview. By doing this, the goal is to provide you with a thorough review without overkill.
- Body measurement – this measures both your average and max heart rates. In addition, you can set target zones for your own personal training regimen based on beats per minute, max heart rate percentage, and heart rate reserve percentage
- Measure Your Hear Rates : this measures both your average and your max heart rates
- Polar energy pointer : this fascinating feature tells you if you are using your training time to burn fat or calories. It can be used to help you decrease, increase, and/or adjust your fat burning and aerobic activity
- Polar OwnCal : this feature counts the calories that you have lost during each session and cumulatively in other of sessions as well.
- Polar OwnCode : This a special code transmission exclusively from Polar. It locks in a specialized code so that your heart (and only yours) can be transmitted to your training computer.
- Training diary : allows you to track your progress by session, day, week, and month
- Training load : this is a software program designed for Polar that helps you figure out if you are training more than you need to or if you need to step up your game some. This features helps you adjust your degree of intensity and will let you know if you need to lengthen or shorten your sessions.
- Training programs : offers you optional training programs for everything from outdoors spots to running to general fitness tricks and tips
- Record keeping : this allows you to store up to 99 training files and your weekly history
Graphical target indicator: helps you to see graphically where your training falls into your zone.
This fitness watch comes with a ton of innovative features that are geared to help you succeed.
- Lightweight band
- Easy to use
- Automatically keeps track or time spent in both the fitness and fat burning zones of your workout
- Records up to 99 training sessions
- Uses batters that are easy to replace
- 1800+ Customers Rated 4 stars
- Doesn’t measure laps
- Timing functions are rudimentary
- Audio alarm not loud enough
- Doesn’t show total workout time and heart rate on the same screen
There are tons of heart rate monitors available and with new models coming out every year; some come with chest straps while others look more like wrist watches. However, to keep things simple, this comparison is going to stay within the FT product series:
The FT7 has more features than the FT4; especially when it comes to intuitive calculation that take your personal body and fitness metrics into consideration.
The FT4 and FT7 have many similarities that include the ability to display both your maximum and average heart rates during training periods, training percentage zone indicates, maximum heart rate indicate, PolarOwnCal, Polar OwnCode.
The FT4 only lets you track your last training session, but the FT7 lets you track up to 99.
Both of these watches are popular heart rate monitors and both offer important data and excellent quality for an affordable price. But if you are looking for simple tracking from week to week, and you can store your data somewhere else, then the FT4 is for you. But if you want more flexibility, intuitive tracking, and some more advanced options, the FT7 is the heart rate monitor that you should choose.